How Four Millennial Sisters Revitalized Their Mother’s Shoe Factory Into A Nordstrom Favorite
Four sisters, who grew up running their mother’s shoe factory in Colombia, have revitalized it into a Nordstrom loved brand, Kaanas.
Kaanas produces high quality and socially responsible products in playful, feminine designs with classic silhouettes. The shoes have bold prints and quality craftsmanship, defining their collections and setting them apart from other footwear labels. Each style is also designed by hand through a network of artisans in South America, Central America and Africa. The family collaborates with these artisans to develop unique designs and gives back to these communities by providing jobs and ensuring fair compensation. Kaanas is available for purchase online and in stores with major retail partners like Nordstrom, Shopbop, Revolve, Anthropologie, Everything But Water, ASOS and 500+ specialty boutiques nationwide.
Adriana, Natalia, Liliana and Juliana Acevedo now run Kaanas alongside their parents. Liliana and Natalia share why they decided to revitalize their mother’s shoe factory.
Yola Robert: What made you decide to continue with the shoe making business vs. dabbling into another industry?
- The Most Powerful Women in the Fashion World.
- 7 Female Designers We Love—and How They Changed Fashion
- Diane Von Furstenberg And Whitney Wolfe Herd Talk About Female Leadership.
- ADAY’s Founders Share The Motivation Behind Their Plant-Based Fashion Collection
- Elle Editor-in-Chief Nina Garcia Explains How to Achieve Success in Changing Industries.