- This event has passed.
Attend Greece’s 11th Race for the Cure Race at Zappeion
September 29, 2019 @ 7:30 am - 1:00 pm
About Race for the Cure
Greece Race for the Cure® is a running event against breast cancer, organized in Athens by Hellenic Association of Women with Breast Cancer “Alma Zois”, in collaboration with the Organization of Susan G. Komen for the Cure®.
Greece Race for the Cure® takes place on the last weekend of September in Athens.
This year, Greece Race for the Cure® is held for the 11th year, on Sunday, September 29th 2019.
Greece Race for the Cure® is now one of the most popular Races for breast cancer awareness in Europe and is the largest sports event with a social purpose in Greece, bringing together more than 150,000 entries throughout the history of the event .
Why we run
Through the Race for the Cure we are part of a global initiative to support women who have dealt breast cancer. Information, awareness and support for women who are under treatment, for women –survivors and for the general population are non-negotiable objectives of the Greece Race for the Cure® and the Hellenic Association of Women with Breast Cancer “Alma Zois”.
Their goal is to provide information to every woman in Greece about early detection methods and about the right steps that have to be taken – depending on the age – in order to be safe, according to international medical guidelines.
- We run in order to inform every woman in Greece about breast cancer
- We run so that everyone shall hear our voice about the importance of breast cancer prevention and early diagnosis
- We run to demystify breast cancer
- We run to defeat fear and prejudice
- We run to improve the quality of life and the rights of women with breast cancer
- We run to support women with breast cancer and their families
- We run to save lives
- We run to honor the women who are no longer close to us
You can choose between three available options. Firstly, you can walk 2km. Secondly, you may run 5km. Finally, you can participate in the 10km Run of Athens.
You can choose your preferred option and register by clicking here.