Deutsche Bank provides commercial and investment banking, retail banking, transaction banking, and asset and wealth management products and services to corporations, governments, institutional investors, small and medium-sized businesses, and private individuals.
They’re Germany’s leading bank, with a strong position in Europe and a significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific.
About your internship
Join Deutsche Bank and you will be an integral part of our team. Over nine intensive weeks, you will experience what it’s like to work for our international bank. During the internship, you will gain a wide range of practical experience and also benefit from training courses, seminars and a variety of networking events. Successful interns will be invited to join the Deutsche Bank Graduate Program.
Their technology teams are responsible for the bank’s entire information technology infrastructure. They develop and maintain the software required to support the bank’s business. The teams work closely with the businesses and other infrastructure units to modernize the bank’s IT systems, reducing complexity, risk and enabling business growth.
Deutsche Bank sees itself as a technology-driven company that can gain market share with new, cutting-edge ideas. Our ambition is to be a leader in the area of digitalization. We are making investments into digital technology across all businesses to enhance the client experience, harness the power of data, and strengthen efficiency and controls by increasing automation. We are also collaborating with external partners such as start-ups, FinTechs, and technology specialists worldwide to discover and implement innovative solutions for our clients.
Join Deutsche Bank, and you’ll constantly be looking ahead. They’ll look to you to capitalize on new technological trends that can reshape our business and deliver value for our clients, whilst still meeting the demands of customers, regulators and the markets.
Their interns are given the opportunity to learn about our business from different viewpoints, giving you a career advantage. Working on day-to-day business as well as on special projects, you will contribute to the innovation of new ideas to help customers achieve their financial goals. You will gain experience in different areas of the organization and discover market-leading solutions first-hand. This opportunity is an ideal way of finding out whether a career in technology meets your needs and aspirations.
Areas in which you could work
- Analysis: You will be supporting their clients with innovative projects and developing bespoke technological concepts to simplify business processes and make them more effective.
- Development: As a technical specialist, you should be proficient in at least one programming language. With the help of state-of-the-art technology, you will design and develop applications, look after quality assurance and conduct tests.
They are looking for bright minds with exceptional academic records and some practical work experience to create a positive impact for our customers.
- Do you have an academic background involving engineering, mathematics or computer science?
- Are you interested in bringing together finance and innovative technology?
- Are you well-versed in working with MS Office and common applications or do you have programming experience?
- Do you have strong communication skills and are you fluent in English?
- Can you work well in a team and inspire others with your ideas?
- Would you describe yourself as a conscientious, dedicated individual with excellent problem-solving skills and rapid comprehension?