Summer Bucket List Ideas for 2020
By Marina/Travel Eat Blog
Welcome, summer! Are you ready for your most adventurous, fun summer no matter the pandemic and lockdowns? Here are summer bucket list ideas for you to accomplish this year!
Summer Bucket List Ideas 2020
- Have a backyard party with your family. If you can’t invite all your friends this year, have drinks and food with your closest family without staring at TV and computer screens.
- Visit a place you have never been to before. I know we can’t travel much this summer, but you can still find a new destination in one of these Great US Summer Vacation Ideas and this American Bucket List and travel safely.
- Have breakfast with friends or a breakfast date with your significant other.
- Spend the day outdoors, hiking a local trail, and go hammocking.
- Read a new book. I am planning to read this one and this one this summer.
- Have a bonfire – and don’t forget s’mores!
- Go out on a river and kayak/canoe or just go swimming.
- Go on a bike ride around the city.
- Fly a kite on the beach.
- Go to an outdoor concert (or zoom to an online concert? Is that a thing yet?).
- Go to a water park.
- Go to a wine tasting. No wine tastings open in your area? No problem, sign up to a wine club and get a couple of bottles to taste with your significant other or friends!
- Feed the birds in a square or in a park.
- Watch fireworks on the 4th of July.
- Have a picnic.
- Watch the sunset.
- Go on a road trip with friends or family.
- Grill outside or go to a BBQ.
- Try paddleboarding or kayaking.
- Make Sangria.
- Volunteer somewhere. Find a cause that you are passionate about and contribute to it.
- Go to a museum. Art, history, or science – learn something new.
- Eat watermelon and all the other fruit you can find.
- Go to a farmer’s market and get local fruit and veggies.
- Grow a plant yourself – buy some planters for your balcony or grow them in your backyard.
- Explore a new restaurant in your city.
- Call and spend time with a friend you haven’t spoken to in a while.
- Find a swimsuit that you actually love.
- Watch a drive-in movie – have you ever been to one?
- Start learning a new language.
- Learn a new skill – something you’ve been interested in for a while. I will be practicing piano a lot the summer, but it could be anything – tap dancing, piano, woodworking, pottery. Tell me yours in the comments below!
- Engage in a new culture at a street festival – try new food, meet new people, and learn more about a life that’s different from our own!
- Ride in a hot air balloon – there are quite a few hot air balloon festivals out there!
- Go a full day without the Internet or TV.
- Go backpacking with a friend.
The best part about a bucket list is that it should be your own. I’ve given you a few ideas of things to do this summer. Pick and choose from this list of summer bucket list ideas and create one that will be perfect for you. I hope this summer is the best of your life and you will become a traveler in your own town and see the world!
See more inspiring ideas on how to travel more and save money!