Location : Aurora CO US
Experience working with industry groups to provide input on the development and revision of the NISPOM, ICDs and related source documents….
Twentieth Century Fox
Location : New York NY US
We are seeking an executive who is a creative force, with a strong track record in production in addition to development….
Location : Scottsdale AZ US
Assists consignment manager with all live auctions. Adheres to performance and productivity standards established by manager *….
Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation
Location : Bethel AK US
The VPHS will report directly to the President/Chief Executive Officer. The VPHS provides overall direction for various departments as determined by the…
FTI Flow Technology
Location : Tempe AZ US
Responsible for development of designs for electrical product line. Individual will be given responsibility for specific product development or customer driven…
Uintah Basin Healthcare
Location : Roosevelt UT US
Reports to the CEO and performs other duties as assigned. Ensures the development, implementation, and monitoring of policies, procedures, and workflow…
Amazon Web Services, Inc.
Location : Tempe AZ US
Do you want to be part of the business development team helping to establish Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a leading technology platform?…
The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf
Location : Los Angeles CA US
The Vice President of Real Estate will be responsible for all aspects of the Company’s real estate portfolio including strategy development and implementation,…
Click here to donate $5 and be a part of the 20,000
WHAT IS #FiveforFive?
Simple. It’s a campaign initiative to help bring an education for the disabled girls in Karamajiji, Abuja, Nigeria. The Global Connections for Women Foundation (GC4W) is committed to building new classrooms, providing a school bus, tables and chairs, school supplies, and clean water supply – to further ensure the success of these girls. That’s why we want 20,000 beautiful human beings to donate $5 each, to raise a total of $100,000 for these girls. They deserve an education and we want YOU to give it to them.
WHO DOES IT BENEFIT?
Currently, Karamajiji offers NO facility or structure for the education of its children. WHY? The village is home to a growing population of disabled people. In Nigeria, disabled people and children are deemed unimportant, therefore, there is little to zero funding for them.
- 100% of the money raised from the #FiveforFive campaign will benefit the disabled girls in Karamajiji by bringing them access to clean water and education.
WHY DOES IT MATTER?
According to UNICEF, 40% of Nigerian children aged 6-11 do not attend any primary school with the Northern region recording the lowest school attendance rate in the country, particularly for girls. It is estimated that about 4.7 million children of primary school age are still not in school.
Girls’ education is a huge challenge in Nigeria. The gender gap remains particularly wide and the proportion of girls to boys in school ranges from 1 girl to 2 boys to 1 to 3 in some States.
Specifically, children with disability are almost invisible and are often excluded from schools and opportunities to work. This is because of the social stigma and traditional beliefs associated with disability that surrounds them. Children often grow to a future of begging as the sole means of survival.
Because people and children with disabilities are seen as less of a priority, places like Karamajiji has very few facilities for proper educational training for their children.
HOW CAN I HELP?
- DONATE $5! Rather than spending $5 on something that can be easily consumed, such as a $5 latte, spend $5 on #GirlsEducation in Karamajiji, Abuja, Nigeria. Your donation will create a LIFETIME of education for disabled girls.
- Spread the word. Reach out to at least 5 friends in your community and social networks so they know that just $5 can change multiple lives in Nigeria. Then, ask them to share with 5 of THEIR friends. You can use hashtags such as #FiveforFive, #GC4W, #GirlsEducation, #LetGirlsLearn in your posts and mention @GC4Women and @GC4WEvents!
- Don’t forget to share our GiveForward link: bit.ly/1eRwd8v. The more people that know, the more likely we are to raise funds!
If you would like more information on the #FiveforFive campaign or to learn more about the GC4W New School Development Project, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“I’m the Executive Producer of the Forbes Women’s Summit: Power Redefined, Forbes will hold a very different kind of Women’s Summit —not about women’s issues, but how a new generation of women, redefining the notion of power through innovation and disruption, can join forces with more traditional leaders to help solve society’s most difficult problems.” Denise Restauri
TRANSFORMING THE RULES OF ENGAGEMENT is the 2015 Forbes Women’s Summit theme, June 9-10, 2015 (NYC).
The Forbes Women’s Summit is a special gathering of 250 leaders from multiple disciplines and an impressive lists of dynamic thinkers in business, philanthropy, education, media, and entertainment.
“The mission of the Forbes Women’s Summit is to harness the power and intellect of this multi-generational gathering to address the world’s most intractable issues. Join Forbes as we bring together the world’s top leaders, policy makers, innovators, experts and change makers as we explore the ever-evolving landscape of today’s business world. From panels led by our editors to one-on-one interviews with business and political visionaries, to unique networking opportunities, attendees are enveloped in the world of Forbes from the moment they register culminating in intellectual discourse of the highest caliber.”
This year’s theme calls attention to an immerse need for collaboration in meeting the demands our time, and partnerships between a multi-generational identities of women working in their multiple spheres to achieve meaningful impact that continues to turn ideas into actions. The core questions speakers will address at the 2015 Forbes Women’s Summit include: How are the most successful leaders redefining pathways to power—in their businesses, communities and in the social causes they champion? How can each of us better identify and scale opportunities to ignite lasting change?
The 2015 Forbes Women’s Summit key speakers include some of the faces on their Most Powerful Women List:
- THE HONORABLE NANCY PELOSI, House Democratic Leader, The U.S. House of Representatives
- JESSICA ALBA, Founder & Chief Creative Officer, The Honest Co.
- DEBRA L. LEE, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, BET Networks
- GAYLE KING, Editor-at-Large, O, The Oprah Magazine and Co-Host, CBS This Morning
- ROSALIND BREWER, President & Chief Executive Officer, Sam’s Club
- SARAH KUNST, Investor Board Member, Venture for America
- BEA ARTHUR, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, In Your Corner
- CARLY ZAKIN, Co-Founder, theSkimm
- KIMBERLY BRYANT, Founder & Executive Director, Black Girls CODE
- SOLEDAD O’BRIEN, Chief Executive Officer, Starfish Media Group