The Global Connections for Women Foundation co-designed Teach Gender Equality Certificate Course on Microsoft Education – and now over 15,000 teachers are certified worldwide and over 1 million teachers have access to the learning materials for the course.
The course was released on International Women’s Day – a pivotal time to reflect on progress made and to continue to strive for improvement in gender equality and women empowerment while celebrating the acts of courage and determination made by women who have played an extraordinary role in the history.
The Course objectives are:
- To learn about Gender Equality and to teach it in class, using innovative techniques
- To learn how it relates to the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals, specifically, Goal #5
- To learn how to develop a Skype Collaboration to encourage solutions that promotes Gender Equality
- To foster a live Skype Collaboration on a Gender Equality project working with other classrooms (in different parts of the world)
- To expand learning opportunities using OneNote and Sway
- To take the final quiz, and earn 500 points
This course will take you half-way to becoming a Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE)
GC4W also co-created the Planet 50/50 Gender Equality Project on Skype (via Microsoft Education). Students are expected to create projects, which they will share via Skype, with other children/classrooms throughout the world. Together, students and teachers will work towards enabling a “Planet 50/50” World by 2030 and beyond.
There are many ways to participate once you register for the class:
- Join our Chat Group to find a partner class with whom to work. You will receive an email notification on how to do this.
- Have your students create a project(s), which will provide a solution(s) for the Gender Equality problem in either their home community or another area, with which they’re familiar. Or, develop a project along with your partner class and use Skype as a means of communicating during the development of the project.
- Place one or more Skype calls with your partner class.
- Share information and photos of your Skype Collaboration at @TeachSDGs @SkypeClassroom @MicrosoftEdu @GC4Women @SkypeAmy
*All participants of this project will receive a Certificate of Completion: “Teach Gender Equality Course on Skype”
Interested in enrolling? Read more on education.microsoft.com.