The Global Connections for Women Foundation co-designed the Teach Gender Equality Certificate Course on Microsoft Education – and over 20,000 teachers are certified worldwide and over 1 million teachers have access to the learning materials for the course.
The course was released on International Women’s Day – a pivotal time to reflect on progress made and to continue to strive for improvement in gender equality and women empowerment while celebrating the acts of courage and determination made by women who have played an extraordinary role in the history.
The Course objectives are:
- To learn about Gender Equality and to teach it in class, using innovative techniques
- To learn how it relates to the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals, specifically, Goal #5
- To learn how to develop a Skype Collaboration to encourage solutions that promotes Gender Equality
- To foster a live Skype Collaboration on a Gender Equality project working with other classrooms (in different parts of the world)
- To expand learning opportunities using OneNote and Sway
- To take the final quiz, and earn 500 points
This course will take you half-way to becoming a Microsoft Innovative Educator (MIE)