24 Under 24 Leaders and Innovators In STEAM and Space Awards
An annual awards program presented by The Mars Generation serves to recognize and honor young people making an incredible impact and effecting change in the world through science, technology, engineering, arts, mathematics (STEAM) and/or space. This next generation of leaders and innovators are primed to have the ability to make positive changes for a better future
The Mars Generation is looking to identify and honor some of these talented and bright students and young leaders under the age of 24.
The winners of the awards excel not only in academics and the workplace but also in their local communities through volunteer work and outreach initiatives. They embrace elements of STEAM and/or space, but also participate in other activities such as athletics, political interests/lobbying, or with humanitarian or other charitable organizations.
To meet our inaugural class of awardees, the #24Under24 class of 2018, click here.
We are now accepting nominations for our #24Under24 2019 class. Click here to nominate a student today!*
*students may nominate themselves, but it is recommended that a non-relative nominate the student to strengthen the nomination.
Requirements for nominees include:
- Must be under the age of 24 as of January 1st, 2019.
- Can be from anywhere in the world.
- Must be involved in some project or work related to STEAM and/or space.
- This includes but is not limited to outreach work to excite other students, publishing papers, public speaking, research, participating in competitions, developing new inventions, and innovation efforts that underscore leadership in STEAM and/or space exploration.
The selection committee includes a panel of education, STEAM and space experts. Selection will be based on blind rubric scoring of nominations. It is important that nominations include as much accurate information about the student or young individual as possible to support the nomination as we seek no outside information in reviewing applications.
The Class of 2019 24 Under 24 Leaders and Innovators in STEAM and Space Award recipients will be announced in Spring 2019
The awardees will be notified by email and asked to sign a media release in order to accept the award. For students and nominees under the age of 18, a parent or guardian signature will be required.
Winning students must also sign up for our free TMG Student Space Ambassador Leadership Program to accept the award.
The sponsor of the 24 Under 24 Leaders and Innovators are:
- United Launch Alliance – ULA’s three families of launch vehicles – Atlas V, Delta II, and Delta IV – provide space launch services to NASA as well as other U.S. agencies.
***Note: The TMG Student Space Ambassador Leadership Program is free and requires a simple online sign up to join. Winning students will be required to enroll in the program to complete the winning process. ***