Fresh and Light Tropical Acai Bowl
Acai bowls make a delicious, cool, and anti-oxidant rich breakfast that is perfect for your busy schedule!
Acai bowls are like a smoothie in a bowl! It’s kind of like having healthy ice cream for breakfast They are so refreshing and give you a nice boost of energy. Oatmeal and cream of wheat, move aside. Add this acai bowl to your list of breakfasts in a bowl.
The acai is pureed when it is frozen so it becomes like a sorbet. It is typically topped with granola, some kind of fruit, and honey. It’s nice to mix it up with different kinds of fruits and types of granolas. Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and bananas are super popular fruit toppings. You can also substitute fruits like papaya, kiwi, or mango to make this tropical acai bowl even more exotic! Adding seeds like sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and chia seeds are tasty additions that add some nice texture and nutrition.
There are a few brands of acai puree and you can usually find them in health food stores. Just be aware that some are unsweetened and some are sweetened. If you are using unsweetened, adding the pineapple and honey will sweeten the bowl. Add a little more honey if needed!
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple (plus more for serving)
- 2 pouches unsweetened acai puree (frozen)
- 1/4 cup orange juice (or other juice)
- 1 teaspoon candied ginger
- 1 tablespoon coconut (shredded)
- 1/2 cup granola
- 1 tablespoon honey
Steps to Make It
- Loosen the acai puree in their pouches by running hot water over them. Place the puree in a blender along with the chopped pineapple, and orange juice (or any other fruit juice, like pomegranate).
- Blend until smooth; it will be thick and resemble a sorbet.
- Split the fruit mixture between two bowls evenly.
- Top the bowl with the fresh pineapple, candied ginger, shredded coconut, granola, and honey.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!