The Global Connections For Women Announce a New Pathway Partnership with The Resolution Project
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 23rd, 2015
New York, On Monday February 23rd, 2015 — The Global Connections for Women Foundation (“GC4W”) is thrilled to announce our new Pathway Partnership with The Resolution Project (“Resolution”) to promote empowerment, entrepreneurship, and leadership among women and girls.
GC4W, the international non-profit organization dedicated to connecting, educating and empowering women and young girls around the globe, is now a Resolution Pathway Partner. The joint collaboration with Resolution and GC4W aims to empower women as they tackle local and global challenges, support social sector leaders and their socially responsible projects, and catalyze the launch of innovative social enterprises. This partnership represents both organizations’ commitment to increase leadership development and entrepreneurship opportunities for women around the world.
GC4W, Founder and Executive Director, Lilian O. Ajayi expressed optimism about the potential impact the new partnership could have on the organization’s ongoing efforts in the areas of leadership and empowerment.
“The Global Connections for Women Foundation is excited to join forces with The Resolution Project in an effort to connect young women with a forum for leadership development and entrepreneurial growth. GC4W continues to explore avenues by which we can make a difference in the lives of women and girls around the globe – in need of the environment, support or guidance required for their sustainable success. This partnership with The Resolution Project enables us to synergistically align social entrepreneurship opportunities with our existing programs in the areas of leadership and empowerment, community outreach as well as youth development.”
“The Resolution Project is thrilled to be working with Global Connections for Women Foundation as a Resolution Pathway Partners,” said Resolution Chair & Co-Founder Oliver B. Libby.
“We look forward to collaborating with GC4W to provide even more young women with a direct pathway to action in implementing innovative solutions to address pressing global challenges, as part of our effort to help organize social sector leaders around our most promising new social entrepreneurs. Together, we will empower young women to make a positive impact today for themselves and their communities.”
Major GC4W Programs include:
- Champions Program – Select leading women who serve as GC4W Champions are directly involved in mentoring, engaging and supporting the target constituents of the GC4W charter, women and young girls.
- Leadership and Empowerment Program – Broad communications and social media effort focused on delivering inspirational and educational messages to women across the globe.
- Community Outreach and Partnership Program – Through a roster of strategic alliances with an array of leading and like-minded organizations, GC4W aims to increase our collective global reach in an effort to change lives for the better.
- Professional and Career Development Program – This program is focused on connecting women and girls with mentoring, training, educational, and skill development opportunities along with potential job placement through the GC4W International Job Board (Pilot launch is scheduled for April 1st, 2015).
- Campus Affiliate Program – As part of the GC4W commitment to advocate for the youth population, this program is designed to promote the importance of education and activism among the youth by providing an influential leading voice on the issues that impact and can improve their lives.
Resolution is a global non-profit fostering leadership development through collaborative social entrepreneurship. Resolution invites undergraduates attending host conferences to propose impactful, socially-responsible projects in the Resolution Social Venture Challenge (SVC). The SVC is a pathway to action for undergraduate social entrepreneurs, allowing participants to build teams and submit plans for innovative social ventures (for-profit or not-for-profit) that address a social problem. Resolution awards Resolution Fellowships to the most compelling leaders with the most promising proposals from the SVC, enabling them to become leaders today.
Resolution Fellowships include a full ecosystem of support for aspiring young social entrepreneurs:
- Seed funding – a grant to kick start the social venture.
- Strong advisory support – Fellow teams are assigned Guides, providing dynamic, hands-on mentorship ranging from social venture advice to personal and professional development.
- Access to resources – a diverse array of trainings, materials, and professional services are available to help Fellows navigate the challenges of social entrepreneurship.
- Community – access to Resolution’s network of advisors, socially-responsible supporters, and an action-oriented peer group.
Resolution Fellows are working on all 6 inhabited continents and across the United States in diverse, high-impact fields such as water, food, sustainable development, education, energy and the environment, health and wellness, equality and empowerment, and humanitarian aid. Resolution is building a generation of leaders with a lifelong commitment to social responsibility.
If you are a college student with a Social Venture Idea that will benefit the Global Community? We want to hear from you, please send us an email on email@example.com to learn more.
- The Global Connections for Women Foundation launch the GC4W Job Board for Future Leaders
- Global Connections for Women Foundation (GC4W) named Best of Manhattan Charity for the 3rd consecutive year.
- PRESS RELEASE: GC4W Celebrates International Women’s Day in Washington, DC
- International Women’s Day Video
- International Women’s Day Gala