Before getting her a new dress this Holiday Season, the Global Connections for Women foundation (GC4W) invites you to give your spouse a gift that will make her feel Connected, Educated and more importantly, Empowered and in control.
Christmas time has come again and as the tree goes up – and friends and family start arriving, you may start to panic at the thought of finding the perfect gift for that special someone. This year, we are here to help make yours, your friends, and families’ Holiday Season one to remember – with our mixture of creative, effortless and cutting edge gift ideas that we hope will make your special someone feel extra special this Holiday Season and into 2015.
The following are our Top 10 gift ideas that will make you a HIT and not MISS this Holiday Season. From the techie to the foodie, to the traveler on your list, we have you covered. With how expensive the Holiday Season can become, we kept our list within a reasonable price range with the most affordable gifts at the top of the list, and the more luxurious items near the end of the list.
1. Reward her with the Award Winning Book: “The Path Redefined: Getting to the Top on Your Own Terms” by Lauren Maillian Bais. Lauren provides a perspective on “how to achieve the highest levels of success and satisfaction in business and in life by tapping into the essence of what makes you unique.” This book provides the necessary motivation to ensure her success in 2015 and beyond. “You can reach the pinnacle of your work and personal lives, faster and more independently than you ever imagined possible—on your own terms,” says Lauren.
Just $16.84 (Hard Cover) on www.amazon.com
2. Take Notes with Kate Spade “Talk is Chic” Medium Notebook
Filled with 168-pages for all her thoughts, sketches, and to-do lists. This medium notebook also features a silk bookmark to hold your place. But, the best part is the gold foil-adorned “talk is chic” quote embossed on the front cover.
Just $18 on Katespade.com
3. Get her the Mighty Mug Stainless Steel. This vacuum-sealed, spill-free travel mug truly stands up to all others. Using Smartgrip Technology, the mighty mug takes hold on any flat surface and won’t knock over if bumped into – making it ideal for trips in your car and on-the-go coffee sips. The mug keeps beverages warm for up to 6 hours and cold for up to 12 hours.
Just $24.99 on www.themightymug.com
4. Give her the Joby GripTight Micro Stand . A tiny tripod and a horizontal holder in one, this sturdy, stainless-steel stand stabilizes smartphones for location shoots and in-flight movie-marathons alike.
Just $30 on gifts.redenvelope.com
5. For the creative genius in her, give her the World’s First 3D Printing Pen by Hammacher. This pen allows anyone to bring their imagination to life with a pen that ejects warm thermoplastic. It also allows you to create 3D models that will harden in seconds – appearing like a combination between a glue gun and an ink pen.
Just $100 on hammacher.com
6. Keep her warm in the Tumi Pax Patrol Travel Puffer Jacket. This Tumi jacket that can bundle up into a comfy neck pillow – by simply taking off the coat once you are 0n a plane, bus, or train, then wear it around your neck to give your upper extremities the cushioned support it requires during long or day trips. This way, you won’t have to bother carrying an extra travel pillow – as long as you’ve got this jacket in tow, you’ll be covered any time you snooze during a business trip.
Just $135 on www.tumi.com
7. The Swingbyte 2: Mobile Golf Swing Analyzer is much cheaper than getting her a private golf coach and free to bring along on a family vacation. This one-ounce 3-D analyzer clips onto clubs to deliver real-time data on each swing’s speed, angle, and plane for immediate adjustments (or post-game review from the comfort of the 19th hole). It also saves the records so golfers can track their progress over time.
Just $169 on www.swingbyte.com
8. Treat her to an Executive Gourmet & Wine Gift Basket fit a Queen. This luxury gift basket will leave her feeling loved and special. The basket includes four impressive wines selections – chosen for their outstanding character and tasting notes. From Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon to Italy’s Tormaresca Red – these combinations of varietal wines will impress a wine novice and connoisseurs alike. Along with the wine, the basket holds Lake Champlain Dark Chocolate and Seattle Chocolate Truffles join a rich spread of gourmet indulgences including Tuxedo Espresso Beans, Rosemary Crispbread, Italian Biscotti, Sweet Almond Popcorn, and lots more.
Just $174.95 on www.Largessaffair.com
9. Give her the Ringly Smart Jewelry. A jewel meet technology cocktail ring, but surprisingly what looks like a fabulous new cocktail ring is also an alert that will sync with her phone. She will be informed of incoming calls, e-mails, and other notifications with discrete vibrations and colored lights, without having to peek at her mobile device during important meetings or quality time.
Just $195 on www.ringly.com
10. Give her a gift of peace with the Bose QuietComfort 25 Acoustic Noise Cancelling headphones . Countless noisy flights have been saved by Bose’s gold-standard over-the-ear sound-mufflers, but now there’s an option for folks with less room to spare in their carry-ons. Adjustable modes allow for both active noise- canceling and regular play sound when it’s needed and finally, the specially-designed tips mean they won’t jostle out of place.
Just $299.95 on www.bose.com
We truly hope our recommendations affords you more time with your loved ones and ease the Holiday shopping stress. Happy Holidays and Happy Shopping!
About Guest Writer: Afi Lartey is the CEO and gift stylist for LargessAffair.com, a corporate and event gifting company, based in the Washington, DC area.