Flavor packed cheesy Chicken Quesadilla is baked, not fried, for a healthy alternative to a family favorite! Plus it only includes 5 ingredients and you can cook a large batch in the oven. This chicken quesadilla recipe is perfect for feeding the entire family in one go! Just like vegetarian quesadillas, chicken burritos or ground beef tacos.
- 1 lb cooked chicken breast diced
- 3 bell peppers finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- Pinch of salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 cups cheese that melts well shredded (Cheddar, Mozzarella)
- 12 large 8″ whole wheat tortillas
- Salsa guacamole, pico de gallo or yogurt, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- In a large mixing bowl, add chicken, bell peppers, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Build each quesadilla: On a half of tortilla sprinkle 1 1/2 tbsp cheese, spread heaping 1/2 cup filling and sprinkle with 1 1/2 tbsp of cheese. Fold the other half of tortilla on top pressing on it somewhat gently-hard making a half moon shape. Place on a baking sheet.
- Repeat and make 11 more quesadillas, arranging 3-4 quesadillas on a baking sheet. If you have any leftover filling – eat it.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven, let rest for 1-2 minutes and cut each quesadilla in half using serrated or sharp knife.
- Serve warm or cold with salsa, guacamole, pico de gallo or yogurt.
Image Courtesy of iFoodReal