Turkey Quinoa Meatloaf
Recipe Courtesy of The Modern Proper
Tender and bursting with flavor, this turkey quinoa meatloaf makes for a satisfying dinner that is sure to please even the pickiest palates.
- 1/3 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2/3 cup water or chicken stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 tbs ptomato paste
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- `1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Bring the quinoa and water or chicken stock to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender, and the water has been absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Heat an oven to 350° F.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion, carrot and bell pepper, sauté until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute; remove from heat to cool.
- In a large bowl, stir the turkey, cooked quinoa, cooked veggies, tomato paste, cayenne, onion and garlic powder, 2 tablespoons Worcestershire, eggs, salt, and pepper until well combined. The mixture will be very moist. Shape into a loaf on a parchment or foil lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Combine the brown sugar and 2 teaspoons Worcestershire in a small bowl. Rub the paste over the top of the meatloaf.