Mini Meat Loaf Sheet-Pan Meal
Recipe Courtesy of Deanne Johnson and Taste of Home
“I grew up with this classic meat loaf recipe, but I adapted it to mini meatloaves so that they would bake more quickly. The sauce topping is always a hit. I added the potatoes and asparagus to make an easy complete meal.” —Deanne Johnson, Reading, Pennsylvania.
Ingredients For Mini Meat Loaf Sheet-Pan Meal
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and halved
Directions For Mini Meat Loaf Sheet-Pan Meal
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine eggs, tomato juice, oats, onion and salt. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into six 4×2-1/2-in. loaves; place on a sheet pan or large shallow roasting pan. Combine ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and nutmeg; brush over loaves.
- Combine potatoes with 2 tablespoons oil, 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat. Add to pan in a single layer. Bake 25 minutes.
- Combine asparagus with remaining 1 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat. Add to pan. Bake until a thermometer inserted into meat loaves reads 160° and vegetables are tender, 15-20 minutes. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.