Recipe Courtesy of Delish
Turkey casserole is a great way to use up some leftover turkey and veggies.
INGREDIENTS FOR TURKEY CASSEROLE
2/3 c. panko
3/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan, divided
6 tbsp. butter, divided, plus more for pan
1 small yellow onion, chopped
1 1/4 c. sliced cremini mushrooms
1/4 c. all-purpose flour
4 c. low-sodium chicken stock
2 c. shredded cheddar
3 c. cubed cooked turkey
8 oz. egg noodles, cooked
1 c. frozen peas
3 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
1 tbsp. lemon juice
Freshly ground black pepper
DIRECTIONS FOR TURKEY CASSEROLE
- Preheat oven to 425°. In medium bowl, combine panko with 1/4 cup Parmesan, and 3 tablespoons of butter. Season with salt.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, melt remaining 3 tablespoons butter. Add onion and mushrooms and season with salt. Cook, stirring until softened, about 6 minutes. Add flour and cook, stirring, 1 minute more. Pour stock into saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cheddar and remaining ½ cup Parmesan until melted.
- Add turkey, noodles, peas, parsley, and lemon juice to the saucepan and season with salt and pepper.
- Brush a 9″-x-13″ baking dish with butter and scrape turkey casserole mixture into dish. Top with buttered breadcrumbs. Bake until golden and bubbling, about 20 minutes.
- Top with more parsley before serving.
Image Courtesy of Parker Feierbach