Rainbow Veggie Hummus
Recipe Courtesy of Feasting at Home
Rainbow Veggie Hummus is not only a great appetizer, it’s a great lunch! High in fiber and nutrients, this vegan lunch is easily packable.
BASIC HUMMUS INGREDIENTS:
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 –3/4 cup tahini paste (See notes. Make sure it tastes fresh, not bitter or rancid.)
- 2–3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water, more to desired consistency
- 1 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (I love white pepper here, up to you)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained (1/2 cup dried chickpeas, cooked- see notes)
BLEND HUMMUS: Place lemon juice, garlic cloves, tahini paste olive oil and water in a food processor– whip this up until creamy. Then add the salt, pepper, cumin, chickpeas and blend until really really smooth. Add more cold water, a tablespoon at a time until it is the consistency you like and blend the heck out of this! Blend for at least a full minute or two! Taste, adjust salt and lemon. Add any additions you like.
PLATTER: Spoon the ultra-creamy hummus into a wide shallow bowl or onto a plate or platter, creating a “well” for the olive oil (or other sauces) with the back of your spoon.
Add your toppings: If using garden veggies, peel the carrots, prep other veggies, cutting all into small bite-sized “crudites” and arrange like the photos, tucking into the hummus -0r just play around with this and do your own thing.
Drizzle with olive oil. Scatter with fresh herbs. Sprinkle with spices.