Baked Salmon with Grapefruit Salad
Recipe Courtesy of The Modern Proper
Moist, flaky, melt-in-your-mouth salmon perfection. This is the baked salmon recipe you’ve been waiting for. Oh, and did we mention it cooks in just 15 minutes?!
What’s the Perfect Temperature?
A quick Google search will tell you to bake salmon in the oven for anywhere from 200°F to all the way up to a full broil. Helpful, right? Well, the search stops here. The perfect temperature to bake salmon is 350°F. At that Goldilocks temp, your beautiful fillet will be cooked through, but still moist and firm. Setting the oven to 350°F also ensures that you won’t have to wait 45 minutes for it to be done. A simple 15-minute salmon bake time, and dinner is served.
What makes ours the best recipe in the world? We’ve got a few things going for us.
- First, buy the best fish you can. And see our salmon buying guide below for helpful buying tips.
- Next, as we mentioned above, bake your salmon at 350°F for silky, tender salmon perfection, each and every time.
- Finish with a generous squeeze of lemon.
- That’s it? Yup, that’s it!
- 3/4 lb Fresh salmon filet
- 1 Avocado, cubed
- 1 Grapefruit, peeled, segmented
- 4 cups Loosely packed mache (or other spring greens)
- 1 Lemon
- Honey mustard vinaigrette
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place the salmon on a parchment lined baking sheet. Season it with salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes or until opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
- While the salmon is baking use a paring knife to peel the grapefruit by cutting away skin and slicing each wedge away from the inner white skin.
- Assemble salad on each plate by layering greens, avocado and grapefruit wedges and dress lightly with vinaigrette. Divide the salmon into two pieces and dress with lemon juice, plate and serve along side the salad.
Photo by Agto Nugroho on Unsplash