Easy Italian Chicken Bake
Courtesy of Taste and Claire Brookman
This easy Italian chicken bake with colourful chicken, bocconcini and olive bake is a hearty mid-week dinner solution.
Ingredients For Easy Italian Chicken Bake
- 1/2 bunch fresh oregano
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 chicken thigh cutlets, skin on
- 4 roma tomatoes, halved
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup pitted Sicilian olives
- 125g tub large bocconcini, torn
3 Method Steps For Easy Italian Chicken Bake
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced.
- Step 2 Finely chop half the oregano. Break remaining oregano into small sprigs. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken. Cook 3 to 4 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer chicken to a baking dish. Drizzle with remaining oil and sprinkle with chopped oregano. Season with salt and pepper. Bake 20 minutes.
- Step 3 Arrange tomatoes and garlic around chicken. Spoon pan juices over. Bake for a further 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and tomato is just starting to soften. Sprinkle with olives. Bake for a further 5 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with bocconcini and remaining oregano. Serve.
Image Courtesy of Taste