PB&J Chia Pudding
Peanut butter and jelly chia pudding that tastes just like a PB&J sandwich! But I’ve made a few alterations. Instead of peanut butter I’m using almond butter and instead of jelly I’m using homemade blueberry puree. I’m also topping it with chopped pistachios – and I think you’re gonna love it!
INGREDIENTS FOR PB&J PUDDING
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 cups cashew milk, almond milk or coconut milk
- 4 tbsp almond butter or peanut butter
- 1 pint blueberries, plus more for garnish
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- blackberries, for garnish
- 3 tbsp chopped pistachios, for garnish
- Add the chia seeds and milk to a bowl and give it a stir. Let the chia seeds sit for 10-15 minutes, then give them another stir before placing in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- To make the blueberry puree, add one pint of blueberries and one tablespoon of honey to a small pot on medium heat. Cook for approximately 10 minutes, stirring frequently and using the back of a spoon to mash the blueberries up and break them down.
- Once you have a puree, transfer it to a storage container and chill it in the fridge.
- To assemble, add half of the chia pudding to a bowl. Top with two tablespoons of blueberry puree and two tablespoons of almond butter. Garnish with fresh berries and chopped pistachios.
Image Courtesy of DOWNSHIFTOLOGY