Pesto Vegetable Pizza
Recipe Courtesy of Taste of Home and Kate Selner
My family loves pizza, but we rarely have it delivered since I created this fresh and flavorful version. Always a winner in my house, it is a fast and delicious meal that even my young son looks forward to. –Kate Selner of Lino Lakes, Minnesota.
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1/2 cup pesto sauce
- 3/4 cup packed fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and sliced
- 1/3 cup packed fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh or dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Rub cut side of garlic cloves over crust; discard garlic. Spread pesto over crust. Top with spinach, mushrooms, yellow pepper, tomatoes and basil. Sprinkle with cheeses and oregano.
- Bake until heated through and cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes.