Skirt Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
Skirt steak is packed with flavor and is a great alternative to more expensive cuts. You’ll love it in steak tacos or served on its own with this delicious herb sauce.
- 1 ½ pounds skirt steak
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ cup fresh parsley leaves
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- ⅓ cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons drained capers
- Cooking spray
- Step 1 Let steak stand 30 minutes at room temperature. Sprinkle steak with 1/2 teaspoon pepper and salt.
- Step 2 Preheat grill to high heat.
- Step 3 Place garlic in food processor; process until minced. Add parsley, cilantro, and mint; process until coarsely chopped. Add oil, next 3 ingredients (through capers), and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper; process until finely chopped.
- Step 4 Place steak on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 2 minutes; turn steak over. Grill 2 to 3 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak across grain into thin slices. Serve with sauce.
- Step 5 Kids Can Help: Like with most of my sauces, kids can do practically all the work. They can pick the stems off the herbs or use a child-safe knife to cut them. Kids can also measure out all the ingredients and dump them directly into the food processor.