Tuscan Butter Roast Chicken
Turn your leftovers into chicken salad or toss some into chicken noodle soup!
1 (3-lb.) whole chicken
Freshly ground black pepper
1 lb. baby potatoes, halved
1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
1 large red onion, cut into wedges
2 c. cherry tomatoes
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
Pinch red pepper flakes
4 tbsp. melted butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
Spinach, for serving
1/4 c. thinly sliced basil
- Place a large skillet in oven and preheat to 450°. Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season generously with salt and pepper. Let sit at room temp while oven preheats and you prepare remaining ingredients.
- In a large bowl toss together potatoes, broccoli, red onion, cherry tomatoes, and oil. Season with salt, pepper, and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Brush all over chicken.
- Carefully remove skillet from oven and place chicken in center, then scatter vegetables around. Bake until skin is crispy and golden and internal temperature of thigh registers 165°, about 1 hour. Let rest 15 minutes.
- Serve chicken and vegetables over a bed of spinach. Spoon additional pan drippings over, if desired and top with basil.
Image Courtesy of Brandon Bales and Pinterest