Healthy Banana Muffins
Recipe Courtesy of Favorite Family Recipes
These banana muffins are unlike any you’ve made before! They are moist and rich with a subtle banana flavor, then topped with a delicious cinnamon crumb topping. Not to mention—these banana muffins are healthy and low fat, thanks to a surprising oil substitute.
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas mashed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease 10 muffin cups or line with muffin paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and applesauce. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture until just moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons. flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.