Spinach Artichoke Turkey Panini
By WHITNEY BOND
A deliciously creamy spinach artichoke dip is spread on thick, crusty ciabatta bread in this scrumptious, and simple, Turkey Panini recipe.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 5 cups spinach (divided)
- ½ cup artichoke hearts (chopped)
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- ¼ cup goat cheese (crumbled)
- ¼ tsp lemon zest
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ loaf ciabatta bread (cut into two pieces, sliced through the middle)
- 6 oz sliced turkey
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion, cook 4-5 minutes, then add the garlic and spinach.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the spinach is cooked down, remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the artichoke hearts, greek yogurt, goat cheese, lemon zest, red pepper flakes and sea salt.
- Add the cooked spinach, onion and garlic.
- Combine everything together, then spread on the sliced ciabatta bread.
- Add the turkey and top with the optional ingredients of your choice, I added fresh spinach and sun dried tomatoes.
- Sandwich the panini’s together and place in a panini press, or on a grill pan, or skillet.
- Cook until the bread is toasted and crispy, and the spinach artichoke mix is warm and melty!
Image Courtesy of Whitney Bond