Cake Mix Cookie Bars
Recipe Courtesy of Build Your Bite and Joy Shull
These cookies are made with just 4 ingredients and everyone loves this easy dessert recipe! The only thing better than yellow cake mix cookies is cookie bars!
- 1 (15 oz) box of yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ⅓ cup olive oil (can substitute melted butter or vegetable oil also)
- 12 oz bag of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Beat eggs in a small bowl
- Add cake mix and olive oil to the beaten eggs and mix well
- Beat in chocolate chips (batter will be very thick)
- Grease a 9 X 13 baking dish (see notes for thickness)
- Spread batter evenly in the dish (this will take several minutes to spread evenly)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 – 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Once cooled, cover or store in an airtight container
Image Courtesy of Build Your Bite
This scrumptious dessert might seem time-consuming, but it takes no time at all.
Although in appearance it might resemble an apple crisp, this recipe intentionally lacks the oats, making it more of a shortbread.
The apples need to be sliced pretty thin to cook thoroughly and the topping is made best if you have a pastry cutter.
If you have any lumps while mixing, no worries, they’ll melt away when you start baking. Add a scoop of ice cream on the side to make it even better.