Recipe Courtesy of iFoodReal
20 Minute Chicken Tostadas with shredded chicken, black beans, avocado, crumbled cheese and homemade baked tortilla shells. Tasty, healthy and quick weeknight dinner.
- 8 corn tortillas or store-bought tostada shells
- 3 medium tomatoes diced
- 4 medium avocados diced
- 3 tbsp red onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Lime juice of
- 15 oz can low sodium black beans drained & rinsed
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup feta or Cotija cheese crumbled
- Cooking spray I use Misto
- To make homemade tostada shells: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Arrange tortillas in a single layer, spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt on both sides.
- Bake for 6 minutes per each side, means flipping once.
- Prep toppings: While tostadas are baking, make easy guacamole salsa by combining tomato, avocado, red onion, cilantro, cumin, chili powder, salt and lime juice. Get other ingredients ready.
- Assembly: To assemble tostadas, top each shell with guacamole salsa, beans, chicken and cheese.
- Storing tostada shells: You can bake homemade tostada shells for up to 48 hours in advance. Just store in resealable Ziploc bag to keep shells crunchy.
Photo by Sidral Mundet on Unsplash