Christmas Tree Tarts
Recipe Courtesy of REE DRUMMOND and Food Network
These miniature cherry pies (Christmas Tree Tarts) come together in under an hour, thanks to premade pie crust and canned cherry pie filling.
Ingredients For Christmas Tree Tarts
One 14.1-ounce box refrigerated rolled pie crusts, such as Pillsbury
1 large egg
One 21-ounce can cherry pie filling
Fresh rosemary sprigs, for garnish
2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
Directions For Christmas Tree Tarts
2 1/2-inch round plain-edged cookie cutter, 2-inch round plain-edged cookie cutter, 1 1/2-inch Christmas tree cookie cutter
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll one of the pie crusts onto a cutting board. Using a 2 1/2-inch plain-edged round cutter, cut out 8 circles from the crust. Place the circles on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Discard the remaining dough.
- Unroll the second pie crust onto the cutting board. Using the same 2 1/2-inch round cutter, cut out 8 more circles. Then, use a 2-inch plain-edged round cutter and cut out 8 smaller circles from the larger circles on the board. Set aside the rings. Using a 1 1/2-inch Christmas tree cutter, cut out 8 small trees from the smaller full circles. You should now have eight 2 1/2-inch full circles, eight 2 1/2-inch rings and eight small Christmas trees of dough.
- Beat the egg with 1 tablespoon of water. Use your finger or a brush to brush the edge of the 2 1/2-inch circles. This will help the rings adhere during baking. Lay the rings on top of the egg-washed circles. Working carefully, spoon 3 cherries into the center of each tart. Place a tiny tree on top of each tart over the cherries. The trunk of the tree should be touching the outer ring. Using your finger or a pastry brush, brush the pie-crust ring and tree with the egg wash. Bake the tarts until the dough is golden brown, about 15 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Create a bed of rosemary on a platter or cake stand and arrange the baked tarts on top of the rosemary. Dust with confectioners’ sugar and enjoy!