Tamago Kake Gohan
Recipe Courtesy of Love and Lemons
This Japanese rice bowl is the perfect healthy breakfast or dinner! Piping hot brown rice cooks an egg, making a creamy, risotto-like texture.
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 2 to 3 cups very hot cooked brown rice
- 2 eggs
- splashes of tamari
- 1 scallions, finely chopped
- sesame seeds, for sprinkling
- extra egg yolks
- thinly sliced nori
- Japanese pickles or pickled ginger
- micro greens
- splash of rice vinegar or umeboshi vinegar
- avocado slices
- roasted broccoli
- Scoop the cooked brown rice among two bowls. While the rice is piping hot, add 1 egg per bowl along with splashes of tamari, and stir vigorously so that the egg gently cooks as it coats the rice, making the rice a creamy consistency.
- Top each bowl with scallions, sesame seeds, and desired additional toppings. Serve with tamari on the side, for seasoning.