Banana Banana Bread with Maple Mascarpone
Recipe Courtesy of The Modern Proper
We started with our very favorite homemade banana bread recipe and we made it even more decadent by topping it with sweet, creamy maple mascarpone.
This easy banana bread recipe will be made much easier if you have a stand mixer, but with a little elbow grease you can make it without. Just be sure your butter is at room temperature, so that you can really be sure it’s creamed together evenly with the sugar and eggs. Here’s how to make this delicious banana bread:
- Whisk together your dry ingredients.
- Use a stand mixer (or your strongest arm) to beat together the sugar, butter, eggs and bananas.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients but be gentle and stir only until they’re combined! Over-mixing will lead to a leaden loaf instead of the moist, lovely banana bread you want.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Stir maple into mascarpone and slather it all over a big slice of banana bread. Then eat up! Call it dessert, call it the greatest afternoon snack ever, or even call it breakfast. Better yet, call it all three!
Ingredients For Banana Banana Bread with Maple Mascarpone
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup Brown sugar
- 2 Large eggs, beaten
- 2 1/3 cups Mashed, overripe bananas
- 8 oz Mascarpone
- 2 tbsp Pure maple syrup
Directions Banana Banana Bread with Maple Mascarpone
- Heat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease with butter then flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan. Turn pan over the sink and tap out extra flour.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl or stand mixer, cream the butter together with the brown sugar. Stir in eggs then mashed bananas until well incorporated.
- Stir flour mixture into banana mixture; stir just until moistened. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
- In a small bowl mix the mascarpone and maple syrup together.
- To serve, cut the bread into slices and spread with 2 tablespoons maple mascarpone.