NO COOK MASON JAR CHICKEN TACO SALAD
This ready to eat Mason Jar Chicken Taco Salad is the perfect, easy, healthy, on-the-go and WW friendly lunch (@ 2 WW points on blue) that your whole family will love!
And the best part is that it uses canned chicken breast so there is NO COOKING! You’ll be amazed at just how incredible it tastes and no one will ever suspect it’s canned chicken. It’s like a chicken taco in a jar!
Because of the nature of my job, I will often eat lunch on the run, on my lap in my van, or at my desk. I need lunches that work in those situations and finding those recipes can be a challenge. This ww chicken salad checked every box!
Ingredients For Taco Salad
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this salad:
- lettuce- any type, but I like to use romaine or leaf lettuce
- tomatoes – any type (I use Roma)
- taco seasoning (I use low sodium)
- canned chicken breast
- sour cream (I use light, but you could use fat-free)
- green onions
- shredded cheddar cheese (I use low-fat)
Instructions For Taco Salad
- Mix hot water and taco seasoning together to form a paste.
- Mix paste with drained chicken breast, stirring it and breaking mixture up with a fork until well incorporated (will look similar to pulled chicken)
- In 4 -8 oz mason jars, add lettuce to the bottom, dividing evenly between all 4 jars, then add tomatoes.
- Next add taco flavored chicken breast mixture, dividing evenly by all 4 jars.
- Then add 2 tablespoon of sour cream to each jar, followed by 2 tablespoon of salsa.
- Divide green onions by all 4 jars and add on top of salsa.
- Sprinkle on cheese (dividing evenly by 4 jars)