Marry Me Chicken
A luscious, flavorful and creamy chicken dish that will make you swoon! This easy recipe requires only a handful of ingredients and one pan, worthy of a marriage proposal!
INGREDIENTS FOR MARRY ME CHICKEN
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds chicken thighs bone-in, skin-on, about 6
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¾ cup chicken broth low sodium or no sodium added
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped, or basil for garnish
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MARRY ME CHICKEN
- Preheat the oven to 375 F degrees.
- In a large, oven-safe skillet heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper on both sides then add it to the skillet skin side down and sear it for 4 to 5 minutes until golden. Flip and sear the other side for another 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Turn the heat down to a medium and it the same skillet add garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Cook until fragrant, 1 minute, then stir in broth, heavy cream, sun-dried tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese. Taste for seasoning and adjust as necessary with more salt or pepper. Bring to a simmer, then return chicken to skillet, skin-side up.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake until the chicken is cooked through, 17 to 20 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley or basil and serve over rice or with a side of steamed vegetables.
Image Courtesy of Craving Home Cooked
A luscious, flavorful and creamy dish that will make you swoon! This easy recipe requires only a handful of ingredients and one pan, worthy of a marriage proposal!